Tuesday, June 28, 2011

War of 1812 - Interview Series



by Judi McWilliams

Anne Brooks - Part Three
I wondered what kept Anne interested in taking part of the re-enactments. She tells me that it is “The passion re-enactors have for their hobby, I like to learn new things and re-enactors are always wanting and willing to share their wealth of knowledge with you.” If you get a chance to watch or be part of a re-enactment, battle or encampment, I can share with you some of what there is to enjoy and why. I enjoy visiting re-enactments and encampments myself mostly due to the passion that I see from these people and how much effort they take in participating. It is as if you were back in the period of time. It helps make me appreciate what we have today. What Anne enjoys the most is … “I have met a lot of people through re-enactments, so I enjoy talking to re-enactors, getting to know them, and seeing why they enjoy spending their weekends at re-enactments.” There are costs involved, as I have talked about before, but from Anne I was able to further the knowledge of what other kinds of costs are associated with hosting a re-enactment? She tells me … “It depends on the site, each site has separate costs associated with the event, depending on what they want at the event, and what is important to them cost wise. We provide one free meal to all the re-enactors, we have overnight security to make sure everyone is safe. Most re-enactments need to have St. John’s Ambulance. We have a sound system so visitors can get a play by play of what is going on and the meaning behind it.”
(To Be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment